Company: Bridge + Tunnel Productions
Job Title: Admin Guru (Part-time)
Salary: 2. days per week, £16K pro-rata
Reporting to: Creative Director
Location: Central Newcastle
BAFTA-nominated media company Bridge + Tunnel Productions is seeking an enthusiastic and versatile Producer in Training to support the production team, particularly the Creative Director, Tina Gharavi, to deliver a slate of projects and core organisational tasks.
About Bridge + Tunnel
Bridge + Tunnel is a film and TV production company that adheres to one simple philosophy: Brave. It’s not a word that we throw out blindly. It’s a belief system that informs the way we work every day. We have a tradition that encourages entrepreneurial thinking, innovative solutions, and the conviction to executive both. We seek individuals who thrive in fast-paced, problem-solving environments. Bridge + Tunnel is a collaborative and team-oriented culture that believes in taking on challenges that others might walk away from. Because, the truth is, nobody ever became great without first being brave.
For more information about what we do and the communities we work on behalf of please see: www.bridgeandtunnelproductions.com
About the role:
The ideal person will be a champion problem- solver, inventive, extremely well organised, able to manage challenging tasks, professional and committed to making socially relevant programmes and motion pictures. We are looking for exceptional candidates only, who already have experience in administration and finance (no new entrants as we need you to hit the ground running) This job would suit someone with street smarts, eager to work in a self-directed but intense work environment, and someone who knows what quality production and aesthetics are.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
1) Production Support:
Will be responsible for supporting key activities (development, production & post-production), and assisting as and when required. Core tasks & necessary skills include: Video editing knowledge, graphic design skills and in particular experience in using Photoshop and InDesign. Ability to research and write funding/project proposals desirable (or willing to learn).
Work as assistant to Creative Director on scheduling, work planning, task management.
Undertake tasks to increase office productivity (from errands to event management to finding props and building studios!)
2) Marketing & Distribution:
Under supervision of Creative Director be responsible for distribution as well as monitoring, measuring impact and implementing distribution strategy of past and current projects. Social media campaigning and marketing experience is desirable.
3) Finance and Office Controls
The major aspect of this post will be to maintain bookkeeping, ensure accounts are delivered, run systems such as VAT, PAYE and other compliance requirements as well as all reporting for Companies House and other statutory bodies. Please do not underestimate the importance of this.
Key accountabilities / Deliverables:
a) Media Management
- Assisting with the completion and duplication of projects for distribution
- Managing Social Media output for the company
- Ability to assist with website updating and development. Experience of Word Press or other web-design package highly desired or willingness to learn
- Good design sensibility & advanced level of experience in Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
b) Distribution & Marketing
- To manage a programme of distribution for information, projects and films for festivals, identify distributors & broadcasters, support and implement distribution strategy
- Assist with marketing plan and promotional activities- knowledge of social media campaigning & newsletter design, understanding of marketing techniques and audience engagement/crowdsourcing experience
- Produce design material as needed
c) Production Support
- Assisting on a range of productions as needed: including a range of tasks which may be varied by their nature (production, office work, research, fundraising, networking & field work etc)
- Desirable: knowledge of Final Cut and Adobe Premiere and experience of post-production, video editing.
- Technical problem-solving, whether this is wifi coverage in the office, printers or updating operating systems
What we are looking for:
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
- Excellent timekeeping, team work and leadership skills
- Negotiation and self-motivational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Problem-solving, flexibility, tact and diplomacy
- Interest in and experience of working with diverse communities
- Qualification in a humanities subject at degree level or exceptional
- Some prior work experience needed preferably in the media sector
- Flexibility and prepared to work outside normal office hours
- Knowledge of another European language would be a distinct advantage
How to apply:
Please email resume/CV and cover letter detailing your experience and why you are suited to this post to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the job title as the header in your email.
Please do not call the office (all requests/questions via email).
Applications must be received by:
ASAP. Closing date : 14th of July, 2017.
Bridge + Tunnel Productions is an Equal Opportunities employer. We want to develop a more diverse workforce and we positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.