Bridge + Tunnel is a BAFTA-nominated media production company.
Bridge + Tunnel is a BAFTA-nominated media production established in 1997 by award winning-director and producer Tina Gharavi, to support “unheard voices, untold stories”.
Bridge + Tunnel was founded on a principle of producing work with uncompromising creative vision, cultural sensitivity and artistic experimentation, our portfolio of award-winning work encompasses groundbreaking experimental documentaries (Mother/Country for Channel Four), fiction films (Featherhead, Closer, People Like Us, King of South Shields) installations and interactive digital projects (Last of the Dictionary Men, Wiki: Wonderland, Tribalism is Killing Us) as well as feature films, including the 2013 BAFTA-nominated drama I Am Nasrine as well as The Good Iranian, currently in development with Film Four and BFI as well as Back-Up Media (Paris). Bridge + Tunnel are developing their first TV series, an Icelandic-British detective series: Refurinn (The Fox) with co-producers, Endore Productions, Which Witch (with Nicky Bentham) and Red Arrow.
Bridge + Tunnel films and documentaries have been screened internationally at festivals including the American Film Institute, official selections at the Sundance Film Festival, IDFA, Edinburgh Film Festival and broadcast on many channels including the Sundance Channel, ITV, TCM and Channel 4. Bridge + Tunnel has also produced record-beating museum exhibitions and provided media production training for hundreds of refugees and asylum seekers, and other vulnerable groups. The Company is constantly seeking ways to bring “untold stories, unheard voices” to wider audiences and it plans to remain small and agile enough to take on the kind of high-risk, high-reward projects that other production houses tend to shy away from.
Sir Ben Kingsley, the projects patron, called I Am Nasrine “an important and much needed film.”
The organisation, based in Newcastle, UK and Los Angeles, California, is composed of Bridge + Tunnel Productions and several independent ancillary companies who work together to make mainstream projects with a strong community, education and activism element at their core.
The future remains unwritten…
Our core values are at the heart of everything we do across Bridge + Tunnel:
- INCLUSIVITY – Working to strengthen and shape new communities
- ADVOCACY – To deliver ambitious and challenging creative projects with a commitment to
- untold stories from unheard voices
- FEARLESSNESS – To keep at the heart of all projects, innovative and pioneering working
- EMPOWERMENT – Empowering people and communities
- ENGAGEMENT – To promote diversity throughout all the aspects of our practice
- COLLABORATION – Working across disciplines with a variety of partners with mutual respect and
- encouraging sharing of ideas
- NURTURING – Maintaining a supportive learning environment for all